Europe’s leading provider of professionally monitored security solutions with more than 4.7 million customers in 17 countries across Europe and Latin America is looking for a Security Analyst to join them in their SOC in Amsterdam.
The Security Analyst role is responsible for monitoring, triaging, analyzing, and raising incidents as they occur. The Security Analyst will work closely in the SOC team, supporting the Senior Security Analysts / Incident handlers as required. The Security Analyst will be recognized within their areas of expertise within the organization and is expected to maintain a working knowledge of their own discipline. Support and guidance is available within the Security Operations team, and a proactive approach is expected.
Primary responsibilities include:
• In depth analysis of network, application, and system events in order to identify potential security incidents and raise tickets as required.
• Respond to any phone intake of potential security incidents.
• Perform and lead proactive analysis from knowledge of current threats and trends within the industry – threat hunting.
• Ensure all operations, incidents, ongoing tickets, and relevant information is logged into the ticketing system and the information is distributed accordingly.
• Ensure all tickets are quality checked prior to release to the regional contacts.
• Provide continuous SME support, updates and recommendations for ongoing incidents being handled by the SOC.
• Produce operational reporting as required to support regional and internal information exchanges and briefing requirements.
• Monitor system health and availability.
• Maintain a broad and current understanding of evolving threats and vulnerabilities as applicable to the Verisure estate and marketplace.
• Continually assess and maintain the Verisure SOC documentation set and use-cases to maintain a high standard of excellence within the service and ensure ongoing service improvement.
• Provide input into the training and development plans as required.
• Support shift training, user awareness and mandated security education as required or specified and promote additional professionalisation within the team.
Essential skills & experience includes:
• Demonstrable experience in Cyber Operations include monitoring, incident response & handling, threat detection and threat intelligence.
• SIEM, IDS and general security tooling experience (Ideally Splunk, Next Generation Firewalls, Risk and Compliance Toolsets)
• Network security
• Excellent communication skills (English)
• Mentoring and coaching
Desirable skills & experience includes:
• SANS 401/501/504/511 or similar
• CompTIA Security+
• EC-Council CEH or CHFI
• ITIL certification
• ISO27001 experience
• Report writing
Salary up to 58K, including 3% bonus and 8% holiday pay.
Please apply here or contact George Papayiannis at +31 (0)615 63 43 19 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com