In the role of IT Security Specialist, you are responsible for research, development, implementation, testing and reviewing the organization’s cyber security in order to protect the information and prevent unauthorized access. You will be interacting with all the functions of the IT Team in order to identify potential security weaknesses and recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities. The Group IT Security, Risk and Compliance Team is responsible for protecting enterprise information and information systems from unwanted access or usage, and to embed a culture of IT security
across IT functions and employees. From a Security perspective, they review, monitor, design policies and standards in order to help provide data and systems integrity, confidentiality, availability, and traceability.
A high priority in this role is to ensure business continuity. This is accomplished by anticipating technical security risks and securing all critical working environments. You will oversee and/or assist in Architecture review of any new initiatives and projects and perform on-going security monitoring of organization’s information systems.
The IT Security Specialist role helps to drive Security by design and is taking new projects and changes through review and audits ensuring data privacy and compliance.
Furthermore (amongst other activities) you will:
• Be the enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background
• Conduct functionality and gap analyses to determine the extent to which key business areas and infrastructure comply with statutory and regulatory requirements;
• Evaluate and recommend new information security technologies and counter-measures against threats to information or privacy;
• Assist in the selection of vendor products and work with internal organizations such as Operations and IT Security Compliance to produce and gain sign off of the required artefacts to allow a swift technical implementation;
• Lead in the development/adoption and enforcement of Information Security policies, Procedures and standards;
• Align with the relevant IT teams and check (cross functionally) if the proposed solution is meets the IT Security principles;
The preferred candidate for the role of IT Security Specialist has a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information (Systems) Management or equivalent. You have 5 to 8 years of experience with the field of IT, of which 4+ years of relevant experience in an IT Operations / IT Security/ LAN/WAN
Infrastructure or Architect role. Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally and the experience with working with global teams in various time zones. Certifications like CEH, ISO, TOGAF 9 and CISSP (preferred but not mandatory);
In addition to this, you have knowledge on the following subjects:
• Security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies.
• Understanding of EU Privacy laws and GDPR.
• Security considerations of cloud computing.
• Identity and access management (IAM).
• Designing and implementing security solutions.
• Design and Develop Security best practice.
• Ability to manage IT Security Incidents.
- An attractive compensation (EUR 80-90K/year + benefits)
- Professional and personal development opportunities – the company invests in your growth as a leader
- Inviting bonus and pension scheme
- Great company culture – open, diverse, international, laid-back
Please apply here or contact Ana Cazacu at +31 (0)6 15 17 40 27 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com